Bleach



"Bleach kills everything"


 It’s time I shook you;

shook my inner core

till every last

metastasized flake

falls free.

I know.....


I’ll become a spelunker

explore deep caves between new legs

Hibernate in opium dens

full of carnivorous souls,

clamoring for expedited

transcendental love affairs.


I’ll look for sunken ships in sunken eyes.

Stock up on dangerous libations

imported from the south of somewhere

you or I

have never been.


I'll Place brightly colored silk scarves over my lamps

and wait for everything to catch fire.

 Setting flame, to the things

I no longer need to hold on to.


I’ll see if with all this Portland rain

I can cultivate an even newer personality


I’ll drive myself deep into the fertile earth

with each new branch

I will spring forth shoots of

"back off",

"fuck you"

and

"anything goes"


I’ll busk naked on soggy street corners

hula hooping, hard in drag.


Become a street prophet

raving mad with enlightenment,

 bursting from every orifice.


I’ll give you a different name

I’ll change your face

your sex

eye color

I’ll create

guerrilla billboard art

in the midst of street night madness

that will surely makes you itch

with the sheer terror

that I’ll never

 again

be yours.


I’ll do what ever it takes

but,

I assure you

I can learn how to forget.


 I am determined to wash you away.

They say, bleach kills everything!

and, usually.....
.
I don't believe in using bleach.


I know it kills unborn unicorns

and promotes three headed centipedes.


In fact ........I’m sure

it's even responsible for your leaving,

but I’m determined,

so I’ll give it a go.


It's raining again

and


  I’m on the bus again

Looking for my new home away from home

She will have mauve lips

the color of your nipples

When he touches me

I will know that I am enough


They will make me smile

like the sun lit laughter in those after school specials.

Make me cut out construction paper hearts in every mushy color


for them

I will write sweet nothings on the back of Trimet bus seats

and

I will no longer have any need

for bleach

-Barbi Touron

Comments