Some Times I Change My Mind



 Sometimes I change my mind,

but mostly just the direction.

I think I’ll run into the woods, the next time I’m menstruating

and devour some wolves.


Or throw cotton balls at the Willamette river,

just to see how truly absorbent they are.

I’ll make a contest of it,

like the ol' school one's of "how many jelly beans are in this jar?",

only with cotton.


Then I’m gonna try and float on a leaf in a large puddle,

and really try this time.


Or maybe I’ll sew all of the cracks in the earth back together with dental floss,

cause it really does makes for a very strong thread.

and well..., I know that I could do it, if I just tried a lot harder.


Maybe I’ll just bite a stranger for no good reason,

and tell them, my father was a Venus fly trap and my mother was,

well....,

just trapped.


Covered in a million bandages and gobs of Elmer’s glue half dried and peeling,

You'll watch me creek down your broken bulb corridors and expose every


 terrible nerve you got left.


Cause,

sometimes I change my mind,

but mostly

just the direction.

Comments