Your Aquaintance






 A letter to all the good night
 drive by boys
with their last forever kisses
that say...........

 '' every little things gonna be alright"


I sit fat,

ripening

Movement growing steadily within me

I

can no longer stand the quickening

building in my body

My belly swollen

My tits taut

I have no more give.


I am sick

 and

my body refuses our acquaintance.


 Thick brown blood escapes me........


Seeping quicker now

Seeping through the sheets

The mattress

The floor of this old house

The moments we spent together in your tiny apartment

never sleeping

It's seeping through the lies we've told

time and time again

The drugs we took

The late night phone calls

The cross country drives

It's seeping through this poem

and the memories of New York snow falling all around us


I will not give birth to our affections

I will not sit still

under a thumb of right or wrongs

Or the canopy

of a new beating heart.

 This weight of a thousand dull lead sinkers

hanging heavily around my neck,

is a thunderstorm of a trillion electric

I'm sorries.

For

I am ill with decisions that we have made

and.....

today

there is a  sudden earthquake

 shaking wildly within me


and

I am a volcano of free flowing lava

hot with pain.

Comments